Mikhail SmolinStuttgart, Germany Automotive | Software | Project Management Previous: Consultant at EXXETA AG Education: Computer Science and Media, MSc
Computer Science and Media (MSc) graduate pushing several years of international automotive project experience. Having a strong background in the automotive industry as well as working experience with distributed and inter-disciplinary teams, I am highly committed to end-to-end software project development; from creating technical requirements and user interfaces to the coordination of software development teams in an agile project setup. I have an analytical, result-driven mindset and I am very passionate about IT projects. Not only I am a dedicated team player who is committed to achieving outstanding work results but also I am fascinated by research and innovation where I have a great interest in expanding my knowledge and experiencing new professional and personal challenges.
Consultant at EXXETA AG - UI & Web Solutions
agile software development according to Scrum, full-stack UI/UX Web
development, and with regard to on-time delivery and seamless
integration of the software components, I am also responsible for
interpersonal communication in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary
teams, across multiple time zones with lead customers so that our
outcome meets the product requirements. Ranging from connected car,
mobility, finance, and embedded automotive systems, I am involved
in a variety of projects for major automotive OEMs and Tier 1
suppliers. I have worked on Java EE backends as well as with
NodeJS using client-side frameworks being React, AngularJS, Dojo
I also ...
- plan and direct all aspects of engineering and people activities within the development team.
- mentor working students, new colleagues and provide technical guidance for new initiatives.
- manage budget and costs including planning, tracking as well as communication to stakeholders.
- develop future-proof components to efficiently adapt UX principles across projects.
- recruit talents for innovations and state-of-the-art software development practices.
- collaborate with external companies to develop strategic partnerships.
- Daimler »EDLS Cockpit«: I developed a UI to replace an old .NET (Windows) frontend system, which was able to perform a better job, resulting in a 20 % reduction in response time for the processing of user queries and replacing up to 90 % of IT Systems in Germany as well as India. Managed the project (four-member team) during the whole project lifecycle.
- Daimler Financial Services »eRDR Data Tracker«: UI development and coordination of a distributed and inter-disciplinary agile development team (four-member team). My team was able to develop a fully functional MVP within two months.
- Daimler UX Design: I co-developed future-proof UI Web components to efficiently adapt Daimler UX principles across multiple company-wide projects.
- I established an innovative mentoring program for working students, interns as well as new colleagues.
- I recruited new talents for innovations and state-of-the-art software development practices.
Research Assistant and Master's Thesis at EXXETA AG - Automotive Security
research in the field
cyber security with
Matlab, Python, Keras and TensorFlow.
I built a novel vehicular intrusion detection system using a deep
neural network. The parameters building
the neural network structure are trained with probability-based
feature vectors that are extracted from
controller area network packets.
- I was one of the very first German students who dealt with the research of a vehicular anomaly (intrusion) detection system for the automotive CAN bus. My results were presented to a public audience and been awarded for the best student's work of the year in the property Computer Science course.
- I have established reproducible research principles which have helped others to improve their workflow in various projects.
- I worked with the company's CTO and project managers from different departments to analyze new technologies which resulted in two new projects.
- I co-developed in-house workshops that resulted in an increase of 50+ employees enrolling in company development courses per year.
- I have created scripts to ensure a consistent development setup across company laptops (which codifies our best practices).
Working Student at TWT Automotive Engineering - Car Infotainment
configured, deployed and supported client-server systems such as
Windows, macOS and Linux for the conception, implementation and
validation of automotive safety-, comfort and infotainment
applications. My work also included network management, shell
script programming and Tier II technical support. With a focus on
the development of distributed architectures and services in the
ecosystem of the vehicle, I also translated business requirements
into suitable technical solutions.
- Being part of a five-member Tier II technical support team for 200+ employees, I was accountable for 55 % reduction of hardware failures and network downtime as well as a 30 % growth in productivity among colleagues.
- My team and I eliminated managed service provider costs by taking over server monitoring and overall help desk functions.
- I contributed toward network installation encompassing 120 workstations, 20 printers, and 7 communication rooms with supporting infrastructure. The move was accomplished within two weeks.
Intern and Bachelor's Thesis at Bosch Automotive Electronics - Mobility Solutions
of a distributed development team in an agile project setup, my
duties involved Java programming to graphically modeling ESP
control module test sequences, test automation design in LabView
and creation of mockups and technical documentations in
coordination with internal customers.
- Started a team effort to switch to a more agile development process so that in-house stakeholders and team members remain motivated for optimal project outcome.
- I built a novel GUI to graphically modeling ECU control sequences to make automotive ECU quality testing easier and less time-consuming (before that our engineers examined and created XML lists for test sequences manually).
- I created technical documentations to established guidelines, policies, and practices across departments and utilized information mapping for increase end user's understanding of the application.
- I led, trained and worked very closely with new interns and working students to effectively create qualitative project output.
Tutor in Statistics and Mathematics
as a tutor and graduate
assistant, I achieved noy only strong interpersonal
communication skills but also listening expertise in order to
in a multitude of ways.
- I established and lead an academic writing workshop which not only improved any student's writing ability but also served as a University-wide guideline.
- Being a member of the student's council and the University’s table tennis team has helped me broaden my cultural knowledge and the ability to work effectively with other people in an international context.
Stadtlücken e.V. Local Community Stuttgart, Germany Homepage
Stadtlücken is a non-profit association, initiated by young designers from various disciplines. It was founded out of the need to raise awareness for public space and urban experience and to promote a digital-analogue network for the joint development of a city worth living in. As one of several voluntary helpers, I'm committed myself to find structural gaps in the urban system, make them visible, make our fellow citizens aware of them, open up the unused space and make it accessible and shared by people and their needs.
»Treffpunkt Süd« Local Community Stuttgart, Germany Homepage
Founded in 1981, the »Treffpunkt Süd« project aims to provide leisure activities for people with mental suffering. The group is independent and neither politically nor denominationally unaffiliated and is open to everyone. As one of numerous volunteers, I am committed to helping fellow citizens with mental illness to overcome exclusion, prevent isolation and enable them to participate in the social and cultural life in Stuttgart.
University of Stuttgart University Sports Stuttgart, Germany Homepage
Table Tennis Coach
On a voluntary basis, I devoted myself to supporting athletes in the areas of table tennis technique, tactics and physical exercises.