Architect at Mercedes-Benz AG - Digitalization & Industry 4.0
The Center of Competence Production Powertrain (ITO/CP) provides
efficient and stable applications for the control of production
processes in foundry, manufacturing and assembly. Our applications
for assembly control, in-line quality, machine and plant efficiency
and dispatch are used in the powertrain plants in Untertürkheim,
Kölleda, Kamenz, Berlin, Hamburg, Sebes (Romania), Beijing (China)
and in Jawor (Poland).
As IT Architect within the
ITO/CP department, I eﬀectively connect business and IT, ensuring
that systemic solutions comply with IT standards while meeting
business needs. To optimize production processes and to generate new
solution approaches, my team and I develop innovative .NET-based big
data solutions on top of the eXtollo platform using Microsoft Azure
Cloud functionalities such as Azure Data Lake Store and Azure Data
Factory for data storage and data processing. By keeping track of
innovations and technological development, I control the worldwide
rollout and accessibility of our data platforms PRADA 1
and [email protected] 2 and ensure daily technical and
functional support. My main goal is to promote driving digital
transformation efforts across the broader powertrain landscape while
collaborating closely with other internal teams and stakeholders, to
help define and execute the digital strategy of our core processes
and the utilization of forward-looking technologies.
I also ...
- analyze processes and requirements with international
- collaborate with teams across production plants, to define
and increase our application's user experience.
- translate complex functional, technical and business
requirements into architectural designs.
- lead all aspects of engineering and people activities within
the development team.
- assist IT departments at international locations, especially
within the scope of piloting new APIs.
- advise upper management on technologies and development of
innovative ideas for new approaches.
- Daimler »DRIVE«: Within two months, my team and I
developed a fully functional, web-based tool to
consolidate master data for the entire powertrain.
- Daimler »PRADA«: Thanks to the excellent cooperation
between the project members and the manufacturing
department, our team can schedule the IT rollout at
Sebes (Romania) for the first quarter of 2020.
- I further developed and implemented a comprehensive
digital platform strategy, including a 2-year-roadmap.
- As an IT representative, I have led workshops for
connecting new and existing plants to our IT landscape.
- By creating mockups and prototypes myself, I was able to
reduce the cost for UX design by 100%.
PRADA (Powertrain Reporting and Data Analytics) is
the central and consolidated data platform for all top
powertrain use cases within the Daimler AG.
2 [email protected]
is the technical analysis board for
the powertrain and, based on a Microsoft Power BI interface,
enables interactive visualizations for production-relevant KPIs.